Friday, September 11, 2009

Prayer

We will never forget the events that unfolded 8 years ago today, on 09-11-01. My heart still goes out to the victims, families, survivors, rescue workers, and all others involved in that fateful day. Last year I wrote a post about where I was on September 11, 2001, here. Check it out if you have time. I hope we are all able to hug our loved ones, appreciate the life a little more, and say an extra prayer today in remembrance of 9/11.

Another prayer request I have is for a long-time friend of Rick's, Lisa, and her family. You can read all about her precious baby boy James, who was born last week prematurely and is fighting everyday against the odds. I hope you can take the time to read their story at www.lisacookers.blogspot.com and be praying for James to gain strength and grow every single day. I have witnessed and heard about too many miracles to underestimate the power of prayer! Thanks!

4 comments:

Lisa Joy said...

Thank you, Brooke! We appreciate you thinking of our family and all the people who are lifting us up in prayer! James is making baby steps of improvement every day and we continue to pray for a miraculous recovery. :-)

Heidi D said...

We will definitely put him in our prayers. :)

David said...

8 years ago? time flies!

David said...

how was that 18 mile run on sunday!?