Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010, Hello 2011!

For a year that seems to have passed by in the blink of an eye, we really did fit quite a bit in! I thought it would be fun to go back and look through some blog posts from the past year- it was amazing how much I had forgotten about, which makes me thankful for the blog to keep track for me!

Here are some of our highlights:

  • Getting settled into the "new" house
  • Birthdays, birthdays, and more birthdays... we have a 4, 3, and 2 year old right now, and Rick and I celebrated 36 and 32, respectively
  • Student teaching
  • Kids starting a new preschool/daycare, and their continued excitement every single day when we drop them off
  • Vegas, Baby! (for Rick)
  • Another marathon... in the rain... lots and lots of rain
  • Disneyland with our own little princess, Riley
  • Eagle Crest
  • Cooper's vocabulary explosion
  • Family reunions, holidays, and family poker games
  • Tyson's love of school and his ability to retain so much information
  • Master's in Teaching
  • Blazer's games
  • New backyard
  • Substitute teaching
  • Riley discovering her love of math
  • Visits to the zoo, Children's Museum, park, splash pad, and other family outings
  • Many dates for Rick and I, including bowling, movies, golf, discovering new local hot spots, and an overnight stay in downtown Portland for our anniversary

I would like to say that I resolve to slow down in 2011, but considering the 3rd job I'm taking on (more on that soon), I'm going to resolve to be more organized instead! I think I'm going to need a better planner to keep everything straight! :)

Considering how much fun I had reliving 2010 by reading previous blog posts, I would also like to blog a little more in 2011- I can't think of a better way to keep track of such precious moments and memories.

Wishing you all blessings and happiness in the New Year to come!

No comments: