Thursday, May 29, 2008

Success!!

Quite a while back, I wrote about wanting to work on potty training Riley. Well, we finally took the plunge on Monday and decided to dive in head first- we said goodbye to diapers! Riley enjoyed sitting on the potty, but when it came time to go, pretty much anywhere on the carpet was better than the potty! Between Monday afternoon and Tuesday afternoon, there were 5 "accidents" and 5 trips to the bathtub to be hosed down (she didn't care for that much). We had a little talk about how we don't go pee-pee on the carpet or in our big-girl panties, that we only go in the potty.

After a nap and dinner on Tuesday night, Riley camped out on the potty in front of the t.v. watching "Little Einsteins" and finally we had success!! I can't explain how excited Rick and I were to hear that little tinkle in the potty- we made such a huge deal out of it and Riley was so proud of herself! She went two more times before getting a princess Pull-Up on for bed. I was nervous to see how the next day would go because the kids would be at daycare for 6 hours. She did great in the morning before we left and went in the potty twice, but then had two "accidents" at daycare. She went just fine when we got home and even survived a trip to Costco without any accidents.

But, today was the best. She spent the entire day in big-girl panties, at home and at daycare, and not one single accident- not ONE! She started and ended the day in the same pair of Ariel big-girl panties. The Pull-Up she wore for her nap was even dry when she woke up. She tells us when she needs to go and sometimes adding an "I scared" and smiles like it's a joke, just before going- which is pretty cute! We know there is still a ways to go, but she is off to such an incredible start!! I never expected her to pick up on things so quickly, it makes me so proud of our little girl!

5 comments:

Babyfro said...

Yay Riley!!!!

The Gathering of Hope said...

OK,I AM SO JEALOUS!! That is awesome, I think we will try your approach!
Amy

Heather said...

Yeah! I remember the sheer disbelief I had when my girls were dry all the time...like, how in the world did they learn that?? :)

Lisa said...

You are an inspiriation. I think we'll try again soon. mabye. someday. =)

Kathleen said...

That is awesome. Way to go Riley!!