Friday, November 20, 2009

Today I am thankful for...

This will be the first of seven thankful posts I will (hopefully) be writing leading up to Thanksgiving Day next Thursday. There is no rhyme or reason to the items I will write about. Some things may seem silly or frivolous, others will have a little deeper meaning for me- a little bit of everything. Here it goes!

Today I am thankful for...
  • Caffeine (Usually in the form of Starbucks, coffee with flavored creamer or Diet Dr. Pepper)
  • DVR's (So I have time for my real life and time to be entertained)
  • Reality T.V. (Including, but not limited to: Survivor, So You Think You Can Dance, The Biggest Loser, and The Amazing Race)
  • Cafe's with free wi-fi (Cafe' Delirium has a stool with a permanent impression of my butt after today- 6 hours!)
  • Kleenex (Will this cold ever go away???)
  • Mom jeans (I had 3 kids in less than 3 years, does this really need an explanation?)
  • My iPhone (Calendar, weather reports, texts, email, facebook, Internet, and an iPod, all rolled into one- Amazing!)
  • Pre-bought tickets for New Moon tonight (And two wonderful friends to go with!)

See, I told you some of the things would be frivolous and silly. These pretty much all are!

2 comments:

Heidi D said...

3 kids in less than 3 years...I'm doing the math hold on...

That's the way to do it. If we have any more kids, it'll be like two different families. That doesn't deter me mind you. :)

David said...

caffeine- never drink sodas or coffee, although i've heard it's in chocolate (is it?) which i eat plenty of.

dvr- i'm still use the vcr when i need to record

reality tv- obviously love the amazing race!! never got into survivor. so you think you can dance is unwatchable for me. the dancing is cool, but the judges and choreographers are way too full of themselves. bigges loser is horrible and great at the same time. it's half filler, way boring, but at the same time all the emotional stuff and watching the fat people work out is amusing to me :)

cafe with wi fi- what is wi fi?

kleenex- thankfully don't need it right now

mom jeans- obviously not for me lol

i phone- i'm still on a land line

new moon- probably will see it monday, can't wait, enjoy it tonight!