Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Addictive behavior

Ok, so I have been addicted to chapstick for as long as I can remember and it sounds like I may not be alone in this based on some recent blogs I've read. I've use Lip Smackers Dr. Pepper for years and years now and usually buy 2-3 at a time. I don't know what I would do if they quit making it- seriously! When I was a cheerleader in high school nobody was smart enough to put pockets in those little skirts, so I would carry one in my sock. Yes, it created a weird shape in my sock, but a girl's gotta do, what a girl's gotta do! I share this story because I think the addiction may actually be genetic.

Riley LOVES to use my chapstick, so I let her carry around one of my empty ones. She loves to put some on and is pretty proud of herself that she can put the cap back on all by herself. Sunday, she wanted to take it into church with her and we made her leave it in the car, causing a huge scene on the sidewalk in front of the van and all the people walking in. Then last night, we took it away because she and Tyson were fighting over wanting to hold it... and all heck broke loose!! They both started FREAKING OUT and I couldn't help but laugh- and grab the camera! The picture of Riley is blurry, but you get the idea, the world was obviously coming to an end without her precious chapstick. That's my girl!! I think Tyson was just upset because something in general was taken away, not the chapstick specifically.


No comments: