Saturday, April 12, 2008

Heat Wave!!

I love the 70's- not the decade, the temperature! Today it hit 78 degrees in the Gresham/Portland area and I have been in heaven. Last night, we grabbed a quick dinner after Rick finished track and then stopped at Main City Park in downtown Gresham to let the kids play themselves tired. They had a great time on the swings and slide and it made me so excited for the rain to go away and sunny skies to take over for good!

This morning, Rick had some grading to do, so the kids and I left in order to give him some quiet time to work. We parked at the library in downtown Gresham, then walked to Craft Warehouse, Pier 1, and visited the fish, hamsters, and cats at Petco. We made our way back to the library and Riley picked out two books for herself and two books for Tyson to check-out. On the way home we stopped at Subway for sandwiches, picked up Rick, and made our way to Happy Valley Park for a sunny day picnic. We walked the pathways surrounding the park and let the kids play for a while on the toddler toys, which we had all to ourselves. I found myself wishing everyday could be this beautiful!! I can't wait for spring (minus the rain) and summer to arrive for good! Happy Valley Park has great toys for the kids, picnic tables, really nice restrooms (a huge plus), a water pad, and concerts in the park every Thursday night during the summer. I think we'll be spending quite a bit of our time there in the months to come!

The only downside to the day was that I forgot to grab the camera!! I was hoping to post some fun pictures of the kids, but Rick assured me there will be MANY other opportunities to photograph the kids playing at the park coming up. So, I promise to bring the camera the next time we head out to enjoy the beautiful weather! I hope the weather was just as nice for each of you today- and you were able to make the most of it!

No comments: