Monday, October 13, 2008

Ok then...

Rick and I have noticed how much quicker Tyson has been picking up on things lately. Verbally, he blows us away and says much more than Riley did at his age- I'm sure the product of being the second child. But, what happened today before nap time blew me away... We came home from story time at the library and I left Riley in the van (watching "Annie") while I ran up to lay Tyson down. He kept saying "poo-poo, poo-poo", something he sometimes tells us just after or (rarely) just before he goes. So, I asked him, "Do you need to go poo-poo?" and he said, "Yeah". Ok then... next I said, "Do you want to sit on the potty?". Again he said, "Yeah". Ok then... off we went to the big potty (with no training seat around), I removed the diaper and sat him down... and sure enough, he went! Well, he went pee-pee, but still. We got a new diaper, put his pants on, and he started saying, "Wash hands, wash hands". He thought that was the coolest thing... and so did I actually! This may have just been a one-time thing and I'm totally OK with that and I'm in no way going to be officially "Potty Training" Tyson right now- how do you potty train a boy anyways- but if he'll ask, right on! Rick and I would love to only have one child in diapers! And, according to both of our moms, Rick and I were both potty trained by 18 months, so he's already behind! :) 

4 comments:

Babyfro said...

Very cool. I know Christopher sure surprises me with some of the things he can say and understand.

I don't know how to go about potty training yet, but I've heard you should NEVER give them anything to aim at (like cheerios or other flushable things.) Once they see something in the toilet other than what's supposed to be there they think everything goes in the toilet. I've actually had a couple of people tell me that (after they'd lost phone and other pricey items to the toilet God.)That's all the advice I have for now.

Lisa said...

Isn't it funny how ALL our parents claim to have had us potty trained by 18 or 19 months.!? Natalie is perfectly content in diapers still, and so am I for that matter, what with a new baby and all.

But, Way to Go, Tyson! Maybe he'll "get it" and want to be a big boy like Riley is a big girl!

I'm getting excited for you. Full Moon tonight! =)

Lisa said...

Duh, dress them up as a UGA player and cheerleader! =P

Natalie's first word was 'Ball' and she actually attends a sports class every Friday to learn about basketball, baseball, and soccer. She LOVES it and doesn't seem to mind being the only girl in the class. But, she's girly too, and will complain when her shoes get dirt on them. =)

For Halloween Natalie is going to be Abby Cadabby and turn things into Pumpkins with her wand (we've been practicing a LOT!) and Lindsey is going to be in cute little preemie sized jammies that have pumpkins on them and a pumpkin hat that totally doesn't match but is cute all the same.

Emily said...

Brooke-
I saw your pic in one of Donald's blog posts and thought I would come over and say hi! It sounds like you have a full, busy life! I look forward to keeping up with your blog.

-Emily Meredith