Sunday, October 12, 2008

Reminiscing

I guess I've been feeling a little nostalgic the last couple of days as we begin to wonder when this baby will come and join our family. I just want to hug and kiss and cuddle with Riley and Tyson any chance I get! I thought it would be fun to bring copies of newborn pictures of each of the kids to the hospital so we can compare a little bit- they both looked so different (and still do!) and I'm so curious about this little one- not just the gender, but who they'll resemble and personality too!

I am having trouble sleeping most nights, either I'm totally uncomfortable, have to use the bathroom every 30 minutes, or I wake up from dreams about being in the hospital and having the baby (none of which have included an "It's a girl!" or "It's a boy!" moment, thank goodness!). I know many more sleepless nights are to come- for very different reasons- but, I long for the day I can sleep and actually feel refreshed in the morning! I hope you enjoy seeing these pictures of the kids, both of them were taken within a couple of hours of being born.

Riley Ann Thames, February 9, 2006, 7lbs 15ozs
("Ann" is both my middle name and Rick's mom's)

Tyson Guy Thames, February 11, 2007, 7lbs 10ozs
("Guy" was a term of endearment that Rick's dad, Cecil, used to use with his boys. He passed away on Novemeber 29th, 2006, never able to meet his newest grandson. We used "Guy" to honor him.)

Riley was able to come in the room right after Tyson was born, but then I didn't see her again until the next evening. After 20 hours of holding a newborn, the first thing I could say when I saw Riley again was, "Oh my gosh, she's huge!" My "baby" grew up over night after adding another baby to our family. Riley and Tyson love each other so much and I just know they will have even more love to give to their new brother or sister! Riley is pretty darn sure she is getting a baby sister, so I hope she'd not disappointed if she gets another brother!

I came across this picture while going through all the old pictures from the hospital. This is Tristan (our friend's son) and Riley playing around in the hospital room the night before Tyson was born... Tristan has his little hand on her bottom and they both look a little guilty, don't they?!

No comments: