Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas decorations

We don't have a ton of Christmas decorations, but each year we try to add a few more things to our collection. Here are a few pictures of what we have done around our house to get in the Christmas spirit. I can't wait to make it to my mom's house and see how beautiful her house is decorated this year! She always does such an amazing job!

O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree...
These are special hand-made Hawaii stockings that my sister got for the Riley and Tyson. Cooper will be getting his in just a couple of days... aren't they huge, but so cute! I also love the card holder/Christmas tree we got this year to display some of the beautiful family pictures and cards we've received.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care...
I was finally able to justify buying the cute Little People Nativity set... for the kids of course! We just cleaned the playroom and Baby Jesus is missing again. Who knows where Tyson put Him this time! (this photo was taken a couple of days ago, when Baby Jesus wasn't MIA)
Away in the manger...
Here is our front yard all covered in snow. Doesn't it look peaceful?
I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...
And this is another angle of the front walkway and the snow drift blocking our door... it's a good 2-3 feet at least!
O, the weather outside is frightful...

2 comments:

MSB said...

It all looks beautiful! I still can't believe the snow at your front door that is crazy!

Lisa Christine said...

Hi Brooke!

First of all, those enormous stocking are just fabulous...think of all the goodies that could be stashed into those babies...

Second...thanks for visiting my blog and for leaving such a sweet comment. You are much too kind :)

I will have to add your blog to my favorites and keep checking back!

It's great to 'meet' you!