Sunday, March 9, 2008

Future American Idol?

Riley loves, loves, loves to sing these days! She has a Winnie the Pooh book filled with songs and nursery rhymes that she is obsessed with, so before nap time and bedtime we read through it and sing her favorite songs. It has become my favorite part of the bedtime routine, especially seeing how much she loves to follow along with the motions and sing along. Some of her favorites are: "The Itsy Bitsy Spider", "Row, Row, Row Your Boat", "I'm a Little Teapot", "Pat-a-Cake", "Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes", "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star", and the clean-up song. She loves anything with motions that go along with them and loves to have Mommy sing them again and again and again! Tyson also likes to get in on the action, his favorites are "Pat-a-Cake" and "The Itsy Bitsy Spider".

I really enjoy teaching songs and nursery rhymes to our children that I remember learning from my own mom and grandma. Some of my favorite "Mom Moments" have come from singing with the kids lately! Maybe I'll try and figure out how to post video on here someday and post some of Riley's beautiful singing!

1 comment:

Alaskiana said...

You definitely need to get some videos of her singing on your blog if you can! Too cute!