Saturday, March 15, 2008

Must be time

So, I've been out of town the past few days working and apparently missing out on some fun at home with Riley and her recent progress, or lack thereof, in potty training. She now tells us when she has to go potty, likes to have her "by-per" (diaper) off and hang out in the bathroom, but doesn't have much interest in actually sitting on the potty. She has gone a few of times, but mostly just likes to play in the bathroom. And she also likes the idea that she gets a "teet" (treat) when she sits and goes. We've been giving her 2-3 chocolate chips after she goes.

Anyways, Rick went in today to get Riley up from her nap and he found her standing in her crib, wearing only her shirt and a very guilty look on her face. She had taken off her pants AND diaper, thrown the bone dry diaper over the back of the crib, and gone potty in her bed!! I think Rick was thankful it was only wet and not the alternative, but I think it's safe to say our daughter is ready for some Pull-ups and a little more potty training. I would post the picture Rick emailed me- but it would be slightly inappropriate! I'm sure you can all imagine the guilty look of a pantless 2-year-old though! I suppose we'll be heading to the library for some books for Riley to read about potties. Any advice on some good ones?

4 comments:

Heather said...

Sorry, no magic tricks here! My girls did love the movie - Potty Time...you can rent it from the library. I can't say it helped, but they sure loved it and it's only 20 minutes or so. The songs are incredibly annoying, but entirely entertaining. :)

Best of luck - it's not fun - I'll be praying for you! :)

Babyfro said...

Well, this post made me laugh out loud... then have nightmares of Chris doing the same thing, haha. I'm so glad I'm not at the potty training stage yet. Best of luck, I hope it goes well.

Alaskiana said...

My sister used to love Prudence and her Potty - or something of that sort. Of course that was 25 years ago! Good luck!

Lisa said...

We're in the same boat here. Natalie will take off all her clothes, hold herself, wait anywhere from 3-10 minutes, and then pee wherever she may be standing. Today it was on top of my shoes. ::sigh:: And the kicker is as she's doing it she tells you "pee pee". But she has no interest in sitting on the potty. The few times she's gone pee pee in the potty I think it scares her and she jumps up and the stream stops. I'd do the pull ups but she HATES them, so we're back in diapers for a little while. Best of luck to you, you have all my sympathy and support! (I found you through alaskiana!)