Thursday, August 21, 2008

First Haircut

Tyson got his very first haircut tonight- how exciting!! As you'll see in the pictures, he was as emotional about the experience as I was... OK, I was the emotional one, he was a little frightened by the clippers. He was getting quite the mullet/curly rat's tail in the back, so it was time. Rick did an awesome job giving him his first big-boy haircut- our little guy is growing up so quickly! Riley was a little jealous of Tyson's haircut and kept asking for one too, so she got her bangs clipped a little. A first for me, we usually have Aunt Debbie trim her hair (she's a professional) and Rick wasn't too confident in my ability to trim the bangs without going too short... I think I did alright.
Before...
During...
After...
Riley's turn...

Both kids have minor colds with noses running like faucets, so today was a lazy jammies day for them. I just hope I don't come down with the same cold, I'm tired enough as it is most days! One thing our family just started doing together, is praying at meals... better late than never, right? Riley and Tyson both totally get into it, holding hands, bowing their heads with eyes closed, and saying "Amen". We started having Riley repeat "Thank you, God, for this food. Amen." Now she says it all on her own. So, today at breakfast and lunch, I also prompted her to say, "and help us to feel better." Tonight at dinner, she added that part all on her own and Tyson followed with a very enthusiastic, "Amen!" It makes my heart happy to see them get so excited to pray!

No comments: