Thursday, August 28, 2008

Life Group

Rick and I have been fortunate enough to be involved with a great Life Group at our church, Abundant Life, for the past two years. We met a great couple in the summer of 2006, Jeff and Erin, just after Jeff had been hired on at the church to be the Pastor of Small Groups. Since then, we have been in a bible study with Jeff and Erin and several other couples. These couples have come to mean so much to Rick, the kids, and I. They have been there for us through the passing of Rick's dad in November of 2006, Tyson's birth in February 2007, the passing of Rick's mom in February of this year, and many other things in between. We've also shared many fun memories like trick-or-treating last Halloween, going to movies, dinners, birthdays, game nights, New Year's Eve, camping, Blazer's game, and most recently, a Mariner's game. I could go on and on about how much we value their friendships- we love you all!

This weekend is the big kick-off/introduction of the new Life Groups at church, so the service will be based around growth within the church by getting connected with a Life Group. They wanted to film a promo video to show at the service in order to show what a typical Life Group looks like and we are the Life Group they used to for the video! Rick and I hosted the evening at our house and we were all filmed eating dinner, praying, doing a "study", and then answering some questions about our personal Life Group experiences. We had so much fun filming! Some pretty hilarious candid moments happened while the cameras were rolling and I think Dave did an amazing job putting it all together, really capturing what the Life Group experience has meant to all of us.

Here's a link to the video that will be shown on Saturday and Sunday, listed under Lifegroup Promo 2008- it's just under 5 minutes long, but I hope you all take time to watch it. There is one funny moment in particular that comes about halfway through... I haven't laughed that hard in a really, really long time- I love that Dave included it! Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/user/dproehl

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Neat video Brooke. Sounds like you have a great family at your church. I wish Shaun and I went to church, but we haven't found the time yet. Hopefully when my schedule get changed we can get some normalcy to our life and find a great church home here. You encouraged me to get moving on this. I think I will go pray about it now and see where God takes us. Thanks!!