Thursday, August 21, 2008

Mad craving...

Today I found myself having a huge craving for:I LOVE In-N-Out!! I have been known to work certain trips just because they have overnights in cities with an In-N-Out near the hotel... seriously! I was daydreaming today about hopping on a plane and flying into San Jose, taking the hotel shuttle to the Marriott, getting a burger and fries for lunch, and then flying home...

Rick suggested I write an entry about how I've been feeling during the pregnancy because it's the question he gets asked most. So, here it goes... Now that I am in week 30 and looking at the home stretch, I have been a little tired again. But, overall I feel really healthy- much more so than the previous two pregnancies. Besides the random In-N-Out craving today, I have been eating a TON of cereal- usually 2 bowls a day. Honey Bunches of Oats in the morning for breakfast and Cocoa Pebbles for a snack in the afternoon or evening. I also haven't been able to shake my usual Starbucks cravings, even while pregnant. I admit it, I'm weak!

I have been a bit grumpy the last couple of days and can't pinpoint exactly what it is. I've narrowed it down to hormones (I can only use that excuse for a little while longer!), being hungry CONSTANTLY, being bummed about Rick heading back to the classroom next week, and not getting enough sleep because I'm up late watching the Olympics every night. Whatever it is, I've gotta snap out of it... Rick's patience with me can only last so long! :) I figured out today that Rick and I have been married for roughly 43 months. I have been pregnant 25 of those 43 months... this man is a SAINT!! I love you, Rick!

I find myself missing two things while I've been pregnant: Running and being able to have a cold beer if I want one. There's something about specifically NOT being able to have beer that makes me want one even more- like I said earlier, I'm weak! And I can not wait to put on my running shoes again and begin to train for my first marathon. I did a half marathon last year and LOVED it! My big plans were to participate in the San Diego Rock N' Roll marathon on June 1st (my 30th birthday), but that plan ended in February when we learned of our coming attraction. It gives me a great get-back-into-shape, post-pregnancy workout to commit to! I think the Portland Marathon next October is calling my name...

I can't wait to meet this little guy or girl I've been growing inside me... they certainly are a mover and a shaker! My favorite pregnancy past time is watching my belly dance around! My least favorite part of this pregnancy has been the "wow, you look ready to pop" or "you're really getting big" or "maybe it's twins!" comments... nope, just one baby (3 ultrasounds, I promise!) and I still have 2 months of growing to do- well, the baby does! And I'm happy as long as the baby is healthy... but, it's starting to feel like crunch time for names!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

At dinner tonight I saw a woman drinking a huge frozen pink thing. My mouth started watering. I makes me the tiniest bit sad to realize it will still be months and months before I will feel comfortable drinking again. Here's to spring break!?!?!

Lisa Joy said...

Rick and Brooke--CONGRATS on #3! How exciting! Wow, three kids...you are more brave than me! I am amazed at how our lives seem to run parallel without even knowing it--we are pregnant again as well! :-) I'm 10 weeks along, due the end of March. Hey, here's a deal...I'll try to hit Rick's birthday if Brooke tries to hit mine (October 26th)! hee hee :-)

The Donald said...

I didn't have In n Out until I met my wife, and I went to California with her for the first time. It is now hands down my FAVORITE BURGER PLACE!!!

I take mine double double, animal style, with extra spread, well fries, and a coke. mmm....