Thursday, August 14, 2008

Nesting...

...or a visit from mom? My mom and grandma are arriving tomorrow for a weekend visit to attend my cousin Christina's baby shower. And I have had an OVERWHELMING urge to clean and organize everything. Rick has joined in on the fun too. Just this week alone, Rick has tackled the garage and specifically our former office stuff that has been in boxes in the garage since we moved the desk out of our bedroom. He's also stepped up big time by doing all the vacuuming and getting down on his hands and knees to clean every inch of the kitchen floor... that's actually what he's doing as I type this post! :) Thank you, Rick. You're AMAZING!!!

We've dusted and cleaned almost every surface in the house and I have organized most of our master bedroom closet, merged the kids' rooms and closets together, preparing Riley's old room for the new baby, and cleaning out my craft closet under the stairs. And all I can think about is what to clean and organize next. So, even though my mom will be here tomorrow and we want the place to look great, I think I have to blame my recent urges on nesting... Our place will be spotless if this keeps up for the next 2 1/2 months!

4 comments:

Babyfro said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Nesting is so awesome! Enjoy it now, it's hard enough to keep the house clean (and their closets!)with 2 kids...but with 3? Not sure about that one :-) Although... Come to think of it, I have been doing the same thing this summer, and I am defintely not prego! ;-) Have fun with your family this weekend.

Babyfro said...

Wow, send some of that vibe over here please. I need to get in gear and thoroughly clean my house. Maybe you'll inspire me. I've also realized that I can't spell before I have my morning coffee and so deleted the first comment to correct myself.

Lisa said...

I just finished cleaning the fronts of all the lower cabinets. You know, where food and drink and who knows what have spilled down for 4 1/2 years? Yummy. And no mom in sight. I think we're nesting! You're lucky Rick has the nesting bug, too!! (or is it a threat from the pregnant lady he lives with!?) =)