Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

What a busy weekend! As you read the two posts below this one, you'll know that we had some serious redecorating done this weekend and I am an official college graduate. And on top of it all, we got to celebrate Mother's Day with my grandma, mom, and sister for the first time since I became a mom myself.

Rick started the morning by getting Starbucks for my sister and I, feeding the kids, and getting them ready for the day. We took time before breakfast to bring flowers to Rick's mom's grave, it was a tough first Mother's Day without her but I'm glad we got a chance to honor her on such a special day. Then it was off to meet my mom, Jim, grandma, Robyn, and Cassidy for breakfast at Marie Calendar's. We made our way back to house for some final decorating, opening of gifts and cards, and then they got on the road in order to get back to the Tri-Cities at a decent time. We had four generations of our family together, which is always a great time! I feel so blessed to have such amazing women in my life to share stories and experiences with and especially to learn from. I love you mom, grandma, Robyn, and Gayle!


Robyn, Me, Mom, and Grandma

On a different note, I have to admit something for all the world to hear. My shameless plugs in my blog about a trip to Disney World were only the beginning- I went on to teach Riley all about Mickey Mouse by watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and recording it on TiVo so she could watch it anytime, frequenting the Disney Store with the kids, teaching Riley to tell Rick she wanted to see Mickey Mouse this summer at his home in Disney World, and even buying Nemo and Ariel "airplane gifts" for a potential trip at Target's Dollar Spot. Well, my hard work apparently paid off- AND I have the most amazing husband ever! We'll be taking a trip to Disney World this summer either at the end of June or sometime in July. I'm super excited and I can't wait to blog all about it! I'm not proud of my actions or using Riley in my evil plot, but I'm still over the moon about getting another opportunity to visit Disney World with Rick- only this time with our 2 beautiful children!

No comments: