Saturday, September 6, 2008

Crazy pregnant lady moment

Rick suggested one of my favorite places for breakfast this morning, Jazzy Bagels in downtown Gresham. It's so simple, but I love a great bagel with cream cheese and strawberry preserves... anyways, not the point of the story! Afterward, I was having a huge craving for a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks (a huge favorite of mine in the fall season) so we made our way to Gresham Station for a little Starbucks treat. Rick parked and he started talking about where we should go next, needing to buy colored duct tape, and something about composition notebooks his students were getting... and all I could think about was all the people who were parking around us, walking in and getting in line in front of him, and who were going to get their yummy Starbucks drink before me. (first crazy thought...)

Then
(as Rick is still talking), I zoned out and a funny scene from a "Friends" episode popped into my head, when Rachel was pregnant and uncomfortable and getting really grumpy about not having the baby yet. Phoebe was trying to tell her some story and without remembering the line exactly, Rachel basically told her "yeah, yeah, yeah... great story Phoebe, but could tell it to me while you get a me a muffin" or something along those lines. And I found myself thinking the same thing- WOW, this amazing story about composition notebooks would be a lot better if I was sipping my Pumpkin Spice Latte! (second crazy thought)

At this point, I actually started laughing out loud over my crazy pregnant lady train of thought! Rick, of course, wanted to know what I was laughing about and I explained to him the whole crazy thought process ("Friends" scene and all)... Luckily, he thought it was funny too (the amazing man that he is) and paused his story for a quick trip inside. And, I have to say, the story was so much better with my wonderful fall favorite in hand... seven weeks to go and I'm sure this isn't the last crazy pregnant lady moment I will have between now and then. Poor Rick...

5 comments:

Lisa Joy said...

You have to be pregnant to have "crazy" trains of thought like that? I thought that was completely normal! I guess I'm just that crazy all the time! :-)

Babyfro said...

At least now I know I'm not the only one that does that... hehe. I'm not even preggo. Very cute.

Vdubprincess said...

Hey thanks for the invite to your blog.. I love the pictures on the side. I have a blog too but haven't touched it! I keep up with myspace, facebook, bebo, Friendster and my families site too! yikes!! I really like the idea of a blog tho.. seems like it will be nice for the kids see one day too! :)

Lisa said...

A chai latte with a pumpkin cream cheese muffin will do it to me every time. =) You have a very patient hubby, indeed.

Unknown said...

I can't believe you only have 7 weeks left! It will be here before you know it. I love your "crazy" thoughts - so funny! I have to admit, I still have those. I am starting to think that I will never be "normal" again!