Monday, May 10, 2010

The Graduate

Two years ago, also over Mother's Day weekend, I graduated from Warner Pacific College with my Bachelor's degree, which you can read about here. While I sat through the ceremony, proud of what I had accomplished, I also knew my journey wasn't finished yet. My ultimate goal, to become a teacher, would require more school- specifically a Master's degree. I was really going to have to work hard to balance what would soon be 3 kids (I was 4 months pregnant at that graduation), still flying, and all of the homework that goes along with school again. I remember thinking to myself after returning to my seat and staring at my diploma, "Remember this feeling. Remember that all of the stress and hard work is worth it in the end."

And this past Saturday, when I was kneeling down on stage being hooded and handed my diploma, I have to tell you- I WAS all worth it! There were a several great moments during the ceremony when I was overwhelmed with what I had accomplished, and I couldn't have done it without the support and love from my family and friends- especially from my amazing husband!

So, here is an overload of photos from Saturday. Mainly just a ton of photos of me standing with my family, all of whom made the trip down from the Tri-Cities to see me graduate and celebrate Mother's Day.

Here I am- fresh off the stage from being hooded (which is the light blue you see around my neck). Rick and my sister came and met me in the hall on my way back to my seat and snapped this photo. That is a smile of pure excitement!

Me and the amazing husband!

Gotta get a picture of the cake!

My grandma and I.

Proud little sister, Robyn!

My mom and step-dad, Jim.

Dad and step-mom, Gayle.
They made the trip despite Gayle having a broken foot that she had surgery on a week and a half ago. I'm sure the car ride wasn't very pleasant, so I appreciated her coming!

Another photo-op with the super-supportive hubby- I am an extremely lucky lady!
Isn't the diploma holder beautiful! :)


And yet another one with Rick, this time without the cap and gown.

I feel extremely blessed to be surrounded by so many supportive people in my life. Now, the next step in this journey is to find an actual teaching job- which will be easier said than done!

4 comments:

MSB said...

Congratulations Brooke!

Lisa Joy said...

HUGE CONGRATS!! Wow, what a tremendous accomplishment. I remember it felt huge for me...and I didn't have 3 kids! You're superwoman. So fun to see you at IKEA--hope your concert was a blast! You deserve some party time. :-)

Anonymous said...

Brooke,
It was definately worth the trip. We are very proud of your accomplishment. It was huge! Congrat's.... You are so blessed with such a wondeful and supportive husband and of course a great Dad , along with 3 beautiful children. Now is the time to enjoy your new home and your family again. We wish you the best!
Love you
Dad & Gayle

rebeccaln said...

Yay for you! It took me years and years and years to complete the same feat and you had to balance 3 kiddos. I am AMAZED, you must be one serious multi-tasker! Well done, friend!