31 years ago today, I was born.
In honor of the big day, I have compiled a list of 31 things you may or may not already know about me. Hope you enjoy!
1. I love In N’ Out Burger! (No surprise here...)
2. My favorite color is blue.
3. I sometimes wish I lived back in the Tri-Cities, closer to my family and friends there, but I also love our lives here in Gresham.
4. I will celebrate my 10-year anniversary with Southwest Airlines on August 18th.
5. I still get little butterflies in my stomach on every landing, especially since having kids.
6. One of my guilty pleasures is reality TV… Survivor, Amazing Race, Idol, Dancing with the Stars, the Bachelor, and the Bachelorette (to name a few).
7. I was a cheerleader in high school. Also played golf, was the Features editor for the school newspaper, on the yearbook staff, and played Margot in ‘The Diary of Anne Frank’ my senior year.
8. I attended WSU for one year, as a freshman, before coming home and finishing my AA at Columbia Basin College.
9. Finally got my Bachelor’s degree from Warner Pacific College last year, three weeks before my 30th birthday. I will graduate with my MAT (Master’s in Teaching) three weeks before my 32nd birthday next year.
10. I get grumpy when I don’t eat… which is why Rick doesn’t think I would make it on Survivor!
11. I like beer… this may shock some of you, other’s it won’t.
12. I have three beautiful children; Riley (3), Tyson (2), and Cooper (7 months).
13. Thirteen is my lucky number!
14. Riley and Tyson are 1 year and 2 days apart… yikes!
15. I gave up soda in mid-April and have only really wanted it on two occasions- at In N’ Out Burger with my combo a few weeks ago and a couple of weeks ago at the movie theater. Thank goodness for Iced Tea.
16. I met Rick on eHarmony.com… funny, right? Maybe I’ll write a post about that someday… We were married less than a year later, on March 5, 2005.
17. I have a thing against even numbers, or I prefer odd numbers, I’m not really sure which one it is.
18. I worked for Regal Cinemas for 4 ½ years, before quitting to become a flight attendant. Started off in the concession stand and eventually became General Manager. I loved that job- especially putting together films!
19. I don’t take a shower everyday… gross, right?
20. I was named Miss Congeniality at the Miss Tri-Cities pageant in 1997.
21. I DVR Jeopardy! everyday and watch it when I can find time... I love to learn new things or see how much I already know!
22. One of my all-time favorite shows is Alias and I hope to someday own the entire series on DVD so I can watch it whenever I want to. I secretly wish I could be Sydney Bristow!
23. My favorite books are the Harry Potter series… with the Twilight saga coming in a close second.
24. If I can stay committed to the training schedule, 16 weeks from today I will be running the Portland marathon! Wish me luck, I'm going to need it!
25. Rick and I are going to Disneyland in 3 weeks… and leaving the kids at home! I can’t wait to enjoy a fun weekend away with my amazing husband.
26. I am now the proud owner of a Wii and Wii Fit… thanks Rick for a great birthday gift!
27. Back in 2001, I cut 10 ½ inches off my hair and donated it to Locks of Love. I’ve tried twice since then to do it again, but lost patience and cut it. (Most recently shedding an extra 3 inches, so it’s just above my shoulders now!)
28. I would love to sing the Star Spangled Banner at a sporting event (preferably a baseball game), but I just don’t have the vocal talent- Simon would not approve!
29. I drink way more Starbucks than I would care to admit…
30. I still have about 10 pounds to lose before I will fit into my pre-Riley-pregnancy wardrobe (from 3 years ago, that is completely out of style by now), but hoping to get there soon with all this marathon training and my new Wii Fit! Maybe then, I'll buy some new, stylish clothes!
31. I really enjoy keeping up this little blog, so thank you all for continuing to read it!